Do you suffer from Quotation Mark Malady?
(curly quote)Take off that ski mask.(straight quote)
See anything wrong with those quotes? One is curly, one is straight? Why the Eff does that happen?
It has to do with your settings. I see a lot of the inconsistent quote marks from typing on your desktop then switching to laptop or iPad. Fixing this in your settings is a laborious process that will make you shoot me the middle finger. Follow this, and I will laugh at your obscene gestures:
1. Open MS Word and go to FILE
4. There’s a button at top of that box that says Autocorrect Options. Select that
5. Autoformat as you type
6. Under “straight quotes in smart quotes” click if you want Word to replace all your straight quotes with curly.
7. Click OK
If you’re already typing with the curly/straight quote you prefer, here is how I suggest you correct the others:
1. figure out if you want straight or curly quotes then highlight the one you want
2. in MS Word, go to HOME
3. go to Find/Replace
4. the highlighted quote automatically goes into FIND
5. type a ” in the REPLACE box
6. hit APPLY